doctest annoyance/puzzle

Sun Sep 5 19:06:29 EDT 2010

On Sun, 05 Sep 2010 18:41:15 +0200, Stefan Schwarzer wrote:

> Hi Steven,
>
> On 2010-09-05 17:30, Steven D'Aprano wrote:
>> I run the doctests with:
>>
>> python2.6 -m doctest examples.txt
>>
>> and the first example passes, but the second fails with NameError:
>> make_spam not defined.
>
> I run my doctests by calling
>
>     doctest.testfile(filename)
>
> for each file in a loop. This way, names and their associated objects
> survice from one code block to the next.

That's fine if you're calling it from Python, but I want a way to run the
tests from the shell, and the advertised way to do that is by calling
doctest.py as a script. The module calls testfile, so it should work.

And now it's working for me. I have *no idea* what happened there... it
wasn't working for me before, and now it is.

Sorry for the noise :(

--
Steven