Speed-up for loops

Philip Bloom pbloom at crystald.com
Thu Sep 2 14:12:50 EDT 2010

Uh.

Try:
Imax=1000000000
a=0
i=0
While(i<imax):
	a= a+10
      i=i+1
print a

I suspect you will find it is way faster than using range or xrange for
large numbers and map far more closely in the final result to what you
are doing on matlab's side.  At least last I checked, xrange and range
both involve iterating through an array, which is much slower in all
cases than just doing an int vs int compare (which is what your matlab
is doing).