PyPy and RPython

sarvi sarvilive at gmail.com
Thu Sep 2 04:29:54 EDT 2010

When I think about it these restrictions below seem a very reasonable
tradeoff for performance.
And I can use this for just the modules/sections that are performance
critical.

Essentially, the PyPy interpreter can have a restricted mode that
enforces these restriction.
This will help write such RPython code that can then be compiled into
C/ASM using the PyPy Compiler which as I understand can do this today.

If Shedskin generated C++ code is faster than PyPy generate C++ code.
Isn't that just another reason why PyPy and Shedskin should be joining
forces.

Wouldn't we want PyPy generated C code to be just as fast as
Shedskin's

Afterall thats how the PyPy compiler is built, right? and we do want
that to be fast too?

Sarvi