DeprecationWarning

Chris Rebert clp2 at rebertia.com
Wed Sep 1 20:04:01 EDT 2010

On Wed, Sep 1, 2010 at 8:58 AM, cerr <ron.eggler at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi There,
>
> I would like to create an scp handle and download a file from a
> client. I have following code:
<snip>
> but what i'm getting is this and no file is downloaded...:
> /opt/lampp/cgi-bin/attachment.py:243: DeprecationWarning:
> BaseException.message has been deprecated as of Python 2.6
>  chan.send('\x01'+e.message)
> 09/01/2010 08:53:56 : Downloading P-file failed.
>
> What does that mean and how do i resolve this?

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1272138/baseexception-message-deprecated-in-python-2-6
As the warning message says, line 243 of
/opt/lampp/cgi-bin/attachment.py is the cause of the warning.

However, that's only a warning (albeit probably about a small part of
some error-raising code), not an error itself, so it's not the cause
of the download failure.
Printing out the IOError encountered would be the first step in
debugging the download failure.

Cheers,
Chris
--