Dumb Stupid Question About List and String

Xavier Ho contact at xavierho.com
Wed Sep 1 12:37:03 EDT 2010

On 2 September 2010 01:11, Alban Nona <python.koda at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> seems to have the same error with python.
> In fact I was coding within nuke, a 2d compositing software (not the best)
> unfortunately, I dont see how I can use dictionnary to do what I would like
> to do.

Hello Alban,

The reason it's printing only the ELM004 elements is because the variable,
first, is 'ELM004' when your code goes to line 29.

I noticed you're using variables created from the for loop out of its block
as well. Personally I wouldn't recommend it as good practice. There are ways
around it.

Could you explain briefly what you want to achieve with this program? What's
the desired sample output?

Cheers,
Xav