embedding python in macOS 10.6

tinauser at libero.it tinauser at libero.it
Wed Sep 29 10:06:43 EDT 2010

hi there,

i'm trying to embed python in a c++ code.i'm starting with the example in the
tutorial.i've problem with setting up the enveiroment.
I've installed python with the distributed version (i.e., i did not, as a
start, build it myself); i added the library where both python.h and pyconfig
are stored and i linked to libpython2.6.a (which is, in the distributed
version, an alias).
the program builds and links correctely, but if I try to run it, i get the
following error:

Could not find platform independent libraries <prefix>
Could not find platform dependent libraries <exec_prefix>
Consider setting $PYTHONHOME to <prefix>[:<exec_prefix>]
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
ImportError: No module named time

what is the problem?

in my .profile i have set PATH: /Library/Frameworks/Python.
framework/Versions/2.6/bin