naming the main module in embedded Python

Tomasz Koziara t.koziara at civil.gla.ac.uk
Tue Sep 21 13:17:30 EDT 2010

Hi

I am embedding Python as an interpret in my code. Now, whenever my
code or Python itself issues an error/warning message I am getting
something like:

File "<string>", line 1, in <module>

or

__main__:46: RuntimeWarning: My warning message

I am using PyRun_SimpleString to load part of the code and the I call:

sprintf (line, "execfile ('%s')", path);
error = PyRun_SimpleString (line).

The question is: how can I set up the module name or input file name
so that my error/warning messages output them rather than the above
default values?

Thanks
Tomek