utf-8 coding sometimes it works, most of the time it don't work.

Stef Mientki stef.mientki at gmail.com
Tue Sep 21 05:08:27 EDT 2010

hello,

I've a pyjamas application (python to javascript translator),
that can be run (as pure python) in MSHTML (IE Com interface) .

When running this python application from the command line ( or launched from another Python program),
the wrong character encoding (probably windows-1252) is used.

When I run this program from PyScripter ( either internal engine or remote engine),
MSHTML shows the correct character encoding,
perfect!

In the main file, and in the major files that constains strings I've added the following 2 lines:
# -*- coding: utf-8 -*-
from __future__ import absolute_import, unicode_literals

>From the Pyjamas and PyScripter group I've no answer untill now.

any clues where to look for the problem ?

thanks,
Stef Mientki