Cross Compiling Python for ARM

Neil Benn neil.benn at ziath.com
Tue Sep 14 14:36:18 EDT 2010

Hello,

        I've been working on an embedded ARM system which boots up quick (a
beagleboard running a skinnied down version of Angstrom).  For this I need
to compile a lot of libraries from scratch.  One of the things I need is
Python; I've cross compiled Python and it works OK when I try to run it on
an image on the same system which is more complete (the same hardware
running Lucid Ubuntu).

  However when I try to run on the skinnied down image I get the following
feedback:

#
./python

-sh: ./python: not found

  I'm guessing that Python is depending on some libraries which I don't have
but as my situation is unusual I'm not sure what I am missing.  So, I'm
asking for help which is  what libraries does python depend on on Linux?

  Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Neil

Neil Benn Msc
Director
Ziath Ltd
Phone :+44 (0)7508 107942
Website - http://www.ziath.com

IMPORTANT NOTICE:  This message, including any attached documents, is
intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is
addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and
exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  If the reader of this message
is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for
delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
please notify Ziath Ltd immediately by email at info at ziath.com. Thank you.