Python changes

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Sat Oct 30 08:08:27 EDT 2010

On 10/28/2010 2:14 PM, Craig McRoberts wrote:
> First off, greetings from a newbie!
>
> Here's the deal. I gained a passable knowledge of Python nearly ten
> years ago. Then I decided a career in the computer sciences wasn't
> for me, and I let it go. Now I find myself back in the development
> arena, and I'd like to pick up Python again. How much has it changed
> in my ten years' absence? I've already resigned myself to starting
> over from the beginning, but are my books from that time period even
> worth using now?
>
> Thanks so much.

Welcome back. You will find that Python 2.7 retains just about
everything you already know. Python 3.x would have some surprises, but
2.7 is currently the best-supported all-purpose install.

regards
 Steve
PyCon 2011 Atlanta March 9-17       http://us.pycon.org/
See Python Video!       http://python.mirocommunity.org/