Python 2.7 or 3.1

Christian Heimes lists at cheimes.de
Fri Oct 29 18:10:42 EDT 2010

Am 29.10.2010 23:16, schrieb Lawrence D'Oliveiro:
> In message <mailman.289.1288150693.2218.python-list at python.org>, Jorge
> Biquez wrote:
>
>> I was wondering if you can comment more about what alternatives to
>> use instead to MySql. My web solutions do not need "all the power" of
>> a true database,
>
> Is more than one process likely to access the data at the same time? If so,
> use MySQL.

There are plenty of better open source tools to store data than MySQL.

You need the full power of a RDBMS including referential integrity,
triggers and stored procedures? Use PostgreSQL or Firebird.

You are looking for a simple yet extremely power persistent layer that
supports even transactions, MVCC and networking? Check out ZODB + ZEO.

You have to store and acces a LOT of data? Hadoop may the solution.

Christian