time difference interms of day

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Tue Oct 26 06:51:36 EDT 2010

Steve Holden wrote:
> On 10/24/2010 1:55 PM, mukkera harsha wrote:
>> Hello
>>   I was wondering if there is an existing function that would let me
>> determine the difference in time. To explain:
>>
>> Upon starting a program:
>>
>> startup = time.time()
>>
>> After some very long processing:
>> now = time.time()
>>

>> On, doing now - startup I want the program to return in terms of days. How ?
>>

>> Thanks,
>>
>> Harsha.
>>
> You'd probably be better off using the datetime module. That way you can
> store datetime.datetime.now() at the start of your run and subtract
> datetime.datetime.now() at the end, giving you a datetime.delta object
> which contains days, seconds and microseconds:

> [waited a while]
> datetime.timedelta(0, 16, 509000)

Or using mxDateTime:

>>> from mx import DateTime
>>> start = DateTime.now()
>>> stop = DateTime.now()
>>> print stop - start
00:00:04.26

http://www.egenix.com/products/python/mxBase/mxDateTime/

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Oct 26 2010)

               http://www.egenix.com/company/contact/