python shell silently ignores termios.tcsetattr()

Wed Oct 20 22:30:04 EDT 2010

In message <i9n4ph$d78$1 at reader1.panix.com>, kj wrote:

> I tried to fix the problem by applying the equivalent of "stty
> -echo" within a python interactive session, but discovered that
> this setting is immediately (and silently) overwritten.

That seems reasonable behaviour; the command loop is resetting the terminal
to a reasonable state to allow it to read the next command. But the command
you execute can do anything it likes in-between. What’s wrong with that?