pylint -- should I just ignore it sometimes?

Seebs usenet-nospam at seebs.net
Tue Oct 19 19:31:55 EDT 2010

On 2010-10-19, Ben Finney <ben+python at benfinney.id.au> wrote:
> Tools like pylint are far more useful if every message they emit is
> something that you must deal with, rather than ignore every time you see
> it. That way, it's feasible to get the output to no messages at all, and
> have a defensible reason for every disabled message.

That makes sense -- we do the same thing with warnings in C, usually.

I'll see whether I can find ways to, say, suppress a message for a specific
line rather than in general.  (Though I have no idea what line number to
use for a warning about too many instance attributes...)

-s
--
Copyright 2010, all wrongs reversed.  Peter Seebach / usenet-nospam at seebs.net