Starting Python in XP Pro

Grant Andrew gveggie at gmail.com
Tue Oct 19 15:06:25 EDT 2010

1. Okay, I can open the interpreter and do math.  If only I needed the
answer to 6*7 I'd be great.  But, to your point, Python is installed and
working.

2.  When I went to the shortcut and hit properties, the path was

Target: C:\Python26\Lib\idlelib\idle.bat
Start in: C:\Python26\

I cd'd to C:\Python26\ at the command prompt and ran Lib\idlelib\idle.bat.

It just reprints C:\Python26\ with no error or message.  Looks like this:

C:\Python26>Lib\idlelib\idle.bat
C:\Python26>

3.  I created a simple file in Wordpad that prints a few lines.  It is
called Print.py but I'm not sure where the 'code' folder is.  I'm not
familiar enough with Python to locate a file from the Interpreter and open
it.

4.  I also tried editing the PATH variable, which did have both versions in
it, but with no success - same error.

Thanks for your help...

Grant