ANN: stats 0.1a calculator statistics for Python

Mon Oct 18 18:53:54 EDT 2010

On Mon, 18 Oct 2010 11:56:39 +0200, Jean-Michel Pichavant wrote:

> I already have a stats module:
> /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/stats.py

The name of my module is not set in stone.

I can't help what site-packages you have, but the above is not on PyPI,
and it's certainly not part of the standard library.

If my module (or one like it) gets accepted for the standard library, I
don't think that could happen until version 3.3. When that happens, a
name will be chosen. Until then, I've got the first package on PyPI
called stats, and I'm keeping it :)

It may not stay stats forever, since it is uncomfortably close to the
stat module.

--
Steven