EOF while scanning triple-quoted string literal

Martin Gregorie martin at address-in-sig.invalid
Fri Oct 15 19:02:15 EDT 2010

On Fri, 15 Oct 2010 19:59:13 +0000, Grant Edwards wrote:

> We're talking about Unix.
> We're not talking about CP/M, DOS, RSX-11m, Apple-SOS, etc.

That's just your assumption. Track back up the thread and you'll see that
the OP didn't mention an OS. He merely said that he was using zlib, and
getting unfortunate results when he handled its output, so he could have
been using any OS.

Rhodri James assumed that the OS was Windows, but it wasn't until the
6th post that Steven D'Aprano mentioned Unix and null characters.

I got sucked into the null trap - sorry - because I actually meant to
generalise the discussion into ways of getting a range of unwanted
characters into a file name and why its unwise to use a filename without
checking it for characters the OS doesn't like before creating a file
with it.

--
martin@   | Martin Gregorie
gregorie. | Essex, UK