EOF while scanning triple-quoted string literal

Fri Oct 15 09:40:21 EDT 2010

On Fri, 15 Oct 2010 17:30:20 +1300, Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:

> In message <op.vkfl1i1na8ncjz at gnudebst>, Rhodri James wrote:
>
>> ... frankly putting arbitrary binary into a literal string is rather
>> asking for something like this to come and bite you.
>
> It normally works fine on sensible OSes.

What does it have to do with the OS? Surely it's a question of the
editor, interpreter and related tools.

In the Unix world, which includes OS X, text tools tend to have
difficulty with tabs. Or try naming a file with a newline or carriage
return in the file name, or a NULL byte. "Works fine" is not how I would
describe it.

--
Steven