Help needed - To get path of a directory

Emmanuel Surleau emmanuel.surleau at gmail.com
Thu Oct 14 14:27:46 EDT 2010

> Dear Emmanuel,
>
> Thank you for your reply.
> Actually what I want to do is, at the run time I want to know the location
> of a specific directory.
> Then I will add some file name to the path and load the file.
> The directory can reside in any drive, depending on the user.

Well... If you don't even know the path of the directory relative to the root
of the drive... I hope your user is not in any hurry. Scanning a single drive
is potentially very time-consuming, scanning them all will be awful
(especially if your user has mounted, say, a huge network drive...).

Don't you have any other, smarter way of finding out the directory? Like
reading a configuration file or an entry in the registry?

Cheers,

Emm