emdding python gui in c code - OS independent

Gregory Ewing greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz
Tue Oct 12 20:49:13 EDT 2010

Diez B. Roggisch wrote:
> I don't know without further research why there is a
> difference between commandline and GUI-programs in OSX (I guess it has
> to do with the event loop or something)

The MacOSX display server is rather picky about which processes
it will allow to connect to it. One of the necessary conditions
seems to be that the executable is inside an application bundle.

If the program you're embedding Python in is being compiled as
an application (something you can double-click to launch from
the Finder) then it will probably be able to have a GUI. Otherwise,
it may not.

--
Greg