Standardizing RPython - it's time.

Nils Ruettershoff nils at ccsg.de
Tue Oct 12 11:18:45 EDT 2010

Hi,

On 10/12/2010 07:41 AM, John Nagle wrote:
> [...]
>     With Unladen Swallow looking like a failed IT project, a year
> behind schedule and not delivering anything like the promised
> performance, Google management may pull the plug on funding.
> Since there hasn't been a "quarterly release" in a year, that
> may already have effectively happened.

are you sure that the project has failed? Yes the project page is
outdated, but there is also pep-3146 [1] "Merging Unladen Swallow into
CPython"

Regarding the accepted pep, the merge is planed for Python 3.3. So for
me it looks like the development itself has finished and the merging has
started...

Does anyone has more details?

Regrads,
Nils