emdding python gui in c code - OS independent

tinauser tinauser at libero.it
Mon Oct 11 13:06:25 EDT 2010

On Oct 11, 6:49 pm, Chris Rebert <c... at rebertia.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 11, 2010 at 6:16 AM, tinauser <tinau... at libero.it> wrote:
> > hi there,
> > i need to embed python GUI in a c++ code. I've seen that,while on
> > windows running GUI is no problem, in mac i need to use pythonw
> > instead python.
> > the question is,how should i tell the program that if the OS is mac,
> > it should pythonw, otherwise python is fine?
>
> I think you have it backwards. MS Windows is where one typically needs
> to use pythonw to suppress a console window from opening when Python
> is run. *nixes (including Mac OS X) have no such problem and (I'm
> pretty sure) only have a pythonw executable for compatibility
> purposes. Just specify pythonw regardless of OS and you should be
> fine.
>
> Cheers,
> Chris
> --http://blog.rebertia.com

thanks:
how do i specify pythonw programmatically?
i tried Py_SetProgramName("pythonw");

it doesn't raise errors, but does not solve the problem on mac, i.e. i
get the error:

This program needs access to the screen.
Please run with 'pythonw', not 'python', and only when you are logged
in on the main display of your Mac.