Many newbie questions regarding python

Peter Pearson ppearson at nowhere.invalid
Mon Oct 11 12:55:56 EDT 2010

On Sun, 10 Oct 2010 18:36:27 -0700, Ethan Furman <ethan at stoneleaf.us> wrote:
[snip]

> My question is more along the lines of: a mutable object was passed in
> to func()... what style of loop could be used to turn that one object
> into /n/ distinct objects?  A list comp won't do it, but neither will a
> for loop, nor a while loop.

Ah.  Quite right.  So, Yes, what you want is more objects that
in some sense are copies of the original object.  This is getting
way over my head, because there are situations in which it's
hard to say what would constitute a copy of an object, such as
when the object in question is a chat session with a specific
interlocutor.