Control webbrowser from Python script

Johny python at hope.cz
Sat Oct 9 13:34:20 EDT 2010

On Oct 9, 5:17 pm, Tim Harig <user... at ilthio.net> wrote:
> On 2010-10-09, Johny <pyt... at hope.cz> wrote:
>
> > Is it possible to control any webbrowser from Python ? For example to
> > issue http POST and GET  command
>
> The most reliable way to interact with a webserver is through the urllib
> and httplib modules.  This is effective for 99% of cases.  I do understand
> that some sites heavy in javascript can be difficult to figure out how to
> make valid requests.  On win32 you can automate Internet Explorer through
> its InternetExplorer.Application COM interface which is fully documented at
> the MSDN site.  On other operating systems, Firefox can be accessed using
> its XPCOM interface.

Thanks ALL who replied.I wanted to use directly  httplib modul and I
started with it.But webserver uses SSL communication.
Of course, I can use https protocol but the communication between
server and  client( browser) is so complicated that I was unable to
simulate that with python script.So I think I could do that with
webbrowser directly ( control webbrowser from a python script)