how to find difference in number of characters

harryos oswald.harry at gmail.com
Sat Oct 9 08:24:44 EDT 2010

On Oct 9, 4:52 pm, Peter Otten <__pete... at web.de> wrote:

> You might get more/better answers if you tell us more about the context of
> the problem and add some details that may be relevant.
>
> Peter

I am trying to determine if a wep page is updated by x number of
characters..Mozilla firefox plugin 'update scanner' has a similar
functionality ..A user can specify the x ..I think this would be done
by reading from the same url at two different times and finding the
change in body text..I was wondering if difflib could offer something
in the way of determining the size of delta..
Thanks again for the reply..
harry