64 bit offsets?

MRAB python at mrabarnett.plus.com
Thu Oct 7 17:20:21 EDT 2010

On 07/10/2010 20:12, jay thompson wrote:
> I'm not sure if it is limited to 32 bit addresses or if it's only
> re.start() that is limited to 'em.
>
> jt

 From what I can tell, Microsoft compilers (I'm assuming you're using
Windows) have a 32-bit 'int' type for both 32-bit and 64-bit builds,
and the re module uses Py_BuildValue("i", ...), which according to the
docs uses the C 'int' type, so yes, it's 32 bits even in 64-bit Python.
:-(

I don't have a 64-bit system, but I'll see if I can build a 64-bit
version of the regex module (http://pypi.python.org/pypi/regex).