if the else short form

Antoon Pardon Antoon.Pardon at rece.vub.ac.be
Wed Oct 6 02:56:22 EDT 2010

On Wed, Oct 06, 2010 at 01:45:51PM +1300, Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
> In message <mailman.1339.1286268545.29448.python-list at python.org>, Antoon
> Pardon wrote:
>
> > On Tue, Oct 05, 2010 at 06:55:33PM +1300, Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:

> >> Only in code which was incorrectly written to begin with.
> >
> > Well you can always define such code as incorrectly written of course.
>
> In this situation, I mean by ???incorrectly written??? code which uses non-
> Boolean values as conditional expressions.

Please be more specific:

A lot of times someone comes with code like the following:

  if len(lst) != 0:

and than gets the advise to write it as follows:

  if lst:

Do you mean that this second piece of code is incorrectly written,
since it uses a non-boolean value as conditional expression?

--
Antoon Pardon