Best Git library for Python?

Dun Peal dunpealer at gmail.com
Mon Oct 4 17:59:28 EDT 2010

On Oct 4, 4:04 pm, Lawrence D'Oliveiro <l... at geek-
central.gen.new_zealand> wrote:
> Why not just call Git itself?

That's what I'm doing right now, but since this is a mission-critical
process, it would be nice to have a more reliable exception detection
and handling mechanism. With my straight calling-out-to-git
implementation, the calling Python code doesn't even know about
crashes or any kind of out-of-band behavior, much less able to do
something about it.

Also, I assume a library could provide an additional safety net over a
bare "subprocess out to the git CLI client", improving the consistency
of its behavior. For instance, it could implement mutex locks to avoid
operations running over each other, which is important for our high-
load needs.