Inheritance and name clashes

Paul Rubin no.email at nospam.invalid
Sun Oct 3 19:58:40 EDT 2010

Arnaud Delobelle <arnodel at gmail.com> writes:
> I've been reading c.l.python for years (on and off) and I can't recall
> anybody saying this has been a problem in practise.

It has been a problem for me at least once.  I blew a good chunk of a
day debugging a problem that turned out due to my clobbering something
in the socket module because of a name collision.  It's not that
frequent an occurrence in the scheme of things, but IMO it would be
nicer if modules and classes could be explicit about what they imported
and exported.