singleton problems

jimgardener jimgardener at gmail.com
Sun Oct 3 06:31:55 EDT 2010

hi Steven,
can you explain that?I didn't quite get it.
I have a module say 'managerutils' where I have a class
MyManager..

ie,
managerutils.py
----------
class MyManager(object):
    def __init__(self):
        self.myaddresses={}

from another main program ,if I call ,
import managerutils

m1=MyManager()
m2=MyManager()
m3=MyManager()

print m1
print m2
print m3

I get
tm1= <managerutils.MyManager object at 0x9f4f58c>
tm2= <managerutils.MyManager object at 0x9f4f5ac>
tm3= <managerutils.MyManager object at 0x9f4f5cc>
tm4= <managerutils.MyManager object at 0x9f4f5ec>

these would print different instances
thanks
jim