no line breaks in xml file with elementTree

hackingKK hackingkk at gmail.com
Sun Oct 31 03:15:49 EDT 2010

Hello all.
I want to know if there is a way to have the ElementTree module write to
an xml file with line breaks?
I find that when I use the write function from the module on a tree
object, the resulting file has no line breaks.  I don't want to use
prittyprint because it is adding extra tabs to the file and they are
either counted as extra nodes or in case of element.text with
elementtree, they are rendered as a part of the text, both being
impractical results.
So is there a middle approach where we can have some  thing similar to
prityprint but without the extra tabs and yet having a properly line
breaked xml file?
Further more, I just was curious why elementtree is not having the
namespace facility?
xml.dom.minidom has a way to generate tags with namespaces.
Any thing similar in elementTree?

happy hacking.
Krishnakant.