Trouble with importing

Ben bahrens at gmail.com
Tue Oct 26 17:24:52 EDT 2010

In brief summary, I have installed gnuradio [gnuradio.org] and the
gen2_rfid module [https://www.cgran.org/wiki/Gen2] on Ubuntu 10.04,
with all installed packages up to date as of a few days ago.

When I try to run the rfid reader/decoder script, I get the following
error:

ben at sdrfid:~/gen2_rfid/trunk/src/app$ sudo nice -n 20 ./
reader_decoder.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./reader_decoder.py", line 3, in <module>
    from gnuradio import gr, gru, rfid

It is the "rfid" module that is causing the problem.  The strange
thing is that

ben at sdrfid:~/gen2_rfid/trunk/src/app$ python -c "from gnuradio import
rfid"

works fine (at least, it doesn't say anything, which I take to be a
good sign), but

ben at sdrfid:~/gen2_rfid/trunk/src/app$ sudo python -c "from gnuradio
import rfid"
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
ImportError: cannot import name rfid

Causes an error.

sudo echo $PYTHONPATH yields the same result as echo $PYTHONPATH so I
don't think it's an issue of path.

Can anyone suggest something that might be causing this problem?

Ben