Question on multiple python environments in Apache

Jeffrey Gaynor jgaynor at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Fri Oct 22 17:28:49 EDT 2010

I have several different versions of a web app that run under Apache. The issue is that I need to have several different configurations available under several environments (such as Django, mod_python and plain vanilla mod_wsgi). Is there a simple way to get several of these to be completely independent? I thought about virtualenv, but it seems that I can only get one virtual environment for the entire server (so this just keeps it distinct from my main python install), rather than half a dozen. These will be on a dedicated test server so performance is not an issue.

Does anyone know of a good FAQ that discusses this?

Thanks in advance,

Jeff