Programming games in historical linguistics with Python

Gnarlodious gnarlodious at gmail.com
Tue Nov 30 20:35:36 EST 2010

Have you considered entering all this data into an SQLite database?
You could do fast searches based on any features you deem relevant to
the phoneme. Using an SQLite editor application you can get started
building a database right away. You can add columns as you get the
inspiration, along with any tags you want. Putting it all in database
tables can really make chaotic linguistic data seem manageable.

My own linguistics project uses mostly SQLite and a number of
OrderedDict's based on .plist files. It is all working very nicely,
although I haven't tried to deal with any phonetics (yet).

-- Gnarlie
http://Sectrum.com