TDD in python

rustom rustompmody at gmail.com
Mon Nov 29 23:50:48 EST 2010

On Nov 29, 4:59 pm, André <andre.robe... at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Nov 29, 7:31 am, rustom <rustompm... at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > On Nov 28, 7:52 pm, Stefan Behnel <stefan... at behnel.de> wrote:
>
> > > Rustom Mody, 28.11.2010 11:58:

> > > The page seems to require a recent version of the Flash player. Could you
> > > describe what exactly you are looking for?
>
> > > Stefan
>
> > Well most modern languages have TDD frameworks.
> > However TDD is learnt by doing and not from books (like swimming/
> > cycling).
> > This screencast gives a detailed demo of *doing it* in eclipse/C++
> > I was hoping for something similar for python
>
> Go to showmedo.com and do a search for "python tdd"; you'll find many
> such screencasts.
>
> André

Looking around I found this:
http://bytes.com/topic/python/answers/43330-unittest-vs-py-test
where Raymond Hettinger no less says quite unequivocally that he
prefers test.py to builtin unittest
because it is not so heavy-weight

Is this the general consensus nowadays among pythonistas?
[Note I tend to agree but Ive no experience so asking]