Scheme as a virtual machine?

Ertugrul Söylemez es at ertes.de
Tue Nov 23 18:48:24 EST 2010

Keith H Duggar <duggar at alum.mit.edu> wrote:

> It is a common refuge of those who cannot support their position with
> fact and logic. On more than one occasion Jon Harrop has all but
> crushed Ertugrul in this very forum with /source code/; that is as
> objective as it gets.

Since Jon has financial reasons to invest time doing this and I don't,
this is nowhere near "crushing" or "objective".  It's simply
meaningless.  If someone pays me for writing proof code or coming up
with challenges, then I will, and I assure you, I would give him a hard
time, since I'm an experienced Haskell programmer, who uses it for many
different, practical purposes in the real world outside of academia.

And I stated explicitly many times that (without being paid) I don't
feel like wasting time proving my point to Jon, who would just come up
with new arbitrary arguments and challenges anyway, as he does all the
time.  Jon doesn't and cannot acknowledge valid arguments, so it would
be an ongoing, pointless cycle.

After all, he was the only one posing stupid challenges on me at all,
deliberately constructing problems to be easy to solve in his languages.
When I would challenge him, the picture would change, but I think, this
is stupid and infantile enough not to do it.  In fact, I've even done it
once and proved my point that way (which, as always, he didn't
acknowledge, but I don't care anymore).

Greets,
Ertugrul

http://ertes.de/