subprocess pipe

Camille Harang mammique at yooook.net
Sun Nov 14 14:25:30 EST 2010

Hi Chris, thanks for your reply.

Chris Rebert a écrit :
> Quoting http://docs.python.org/library/subprocess.html , emphasis mine:
> """
> On Unix, with shell=True: [...] If args is a sequence, ***the first
> item*** specifies the command string, and any additional items will be
> treated as additional arguments ***to the shell itself***.
> """

Yes, I read that, that's why I'd like to avoid shell=True, but if I do
shall=False subprocess.Popen is no longer able to catch the standard
inputs & outputs of pg_dump (but it does on other commands that has a
prompt, e.g. 'passwd')

That's the problem :-/

Regards,

Camille.

--
The Good, the Bad and the Ugly under Creative Commons!
https://yooook.net/r/lp1