drawing with the mouse with turtle

Brian Blais bblais at bryant.edu
Sat Nov 13 06:22:59 EST 2010

On Nov 13, 2010, at 1:31 AM, Dennis Lee Bieber wrote:

> On Fri, 12 Nov 2010 20:48:34 -0500, Brian Blais <bblais at bryant.edu>
>
>> turtle.ondrag(turtle.goto)
>> turtle.pendown()
>>

> 	I'm not familiar with the turtle module but... would it make more
> sense to drop the pen before dragging the turtle around?
>
> """
> Subsequently, clicking and dragging the Turtle will move it across the
> screen thereby producing handdrawings (if pen is down).
> """
>
> "if pen is down" <===

there is no change by changing the order, but I didn't expect one.  since ondrag is binding a callback, which is only called when the event happens, I figure that the pen has to be down when the callback happens, not when the binding occurs.  since the pen is down (and never lifted), when I start dragging the mouse around after that it should work...but doesn't seem to.

	thanks,
			bb

--
Brian Blais