Supporting Python 2.x and 3.x on a PC

Stefan Sonnenberg-Carstens stefan.sonnenberg at pythonmeister.com
Fri Nov 12 14:23:42 EST 2010

Am 12.11.2010 20:05, schrieb Doug Stell:
> I support multiple projects, some of which will remain on Python 2.x
> and some of which want to use Python 3.1.2. While I have installed
> both on my Windows PC, only the last installed version can be used. I
> do not have admin rights on the machine, so altering registry settings
> is not an option. Any guidance on how I can select between the
> versions?
>
> Thanks
"

only the last installed version can be used"

What does that mean ?
I have several versions installed, and switch between them only by taking
the desired interpreter.
C:\Python26\python.exe gives a 2.6 python
C:\Python27\python.exe gives a 2.7 python

If I only start python on windows shell, the latter is run.
If I just do this:
SET PATH=C:\Python26;%PATH%
entering just "python" on the cmd prompt gives me a 2.6 python.

Hope this helps.