is there an Python equivalent for the PHP super globals like $_POST, $_COOKIE ?

Roy Smith roy at panix.com
Thu Nov 11 20:25:19 EST 2010

In article <ibhi4h$evv$1 at speranza.aioe.org>,
 r0g <aioe.org at technicalbloke.com> wrote:

> On 11/11/10 14:22, Stef Mientki wrote:
>> I can't find how th get to PHP's equivalent of $_Post and $_Cookie ?

PHP is mostly a one-trick pony.  It's meant to be run as a web scripting
language with Apache (or, I suppose, something else) on the front end.
As a result, a lot of web-specific things like $_Post and $_Cookie are
built into the language.

Python is intended to be more general purpose, so things which are built
in to other languages usually can be found in library modules.  In this
case, you probably want to look at the SimpleHTTPServer module.

You may also want to look at any of several web application frameworks
such as Django, Pylons, etc.  I'm guessing these are overkill for the
sorts of things you want to do, but they're worth at least browsing to
get some idea of what's out there.

For what it's worth, I've pretty much avoided PHP for all these years.
My latest gig, however, has had me doing PHP for the past 3 months or
so.  The more I learn about PHP, the more I want to go running in the
other direction.