How to test if a module exists?

Thu Nov 11 19:20:47 EST 2010

I have just received an admission from Barry Warsaw that a hack was done on
python-list specifically to deal with bounces caused by a list member trying
to reply to my obfuscated e-mail address.

I have asked him to undo that hack. If he likes, he can filter out that
(obfuscated) address of mine completely, I don’t mind, since I can always
read replies to my postings here on USENET. The important point, as far as
I’m concerned, is that I do NOT want to see my unobfuscated address appear
on USENET.

As for those who persisted in posting my address after being warned of this,
I’m still deciding what to do.