How to test if a module exists?

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Thu Nov 11 18:35:59 EST 2010

On 2010-11-11 14:26 , Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
> In message<mailman.843.1289438674.2218.python-list at python.org>, Tim Chase
> wrote:
>
>> Amusingly, as others have noted, you replied with an unobfuscated
>> email address.
>
> This
> <http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-list/2010-November/1260153.html>
> would seem to be an independent, true record of what members of python-list
> would see of my posting, would it not? You would agree that it shows my e-
> mail address as obfuscated, would you not? So if you claim to be seeing an
> unobfuscated e-mail address for my posting on python-list, you would be
> lying, would you not?

This is what I see, reading from GMane using Thunderbird:

   http://imgur.com/Dg1Xr

Face it: your post gets passed through a variety of systems outside of your
control or the other readers here. Somewhere along the line, your email address
is getting unobfuscated. The people replying are simply replying with what their
email/NNTP clients show them.

--
Robert Kern

  an underlying truth."