How to test if a module exists?

Ian ian.g.kelly at gmail.com
Thu Nov 11 16:10:37 EST 2010

On Nov 11, 1:26 pm, Lawrence D'Oliveiro <l... at geek-
central.gen.new_zealand> wrote:
> In message <mailman.843.1289438674.2218.python-l... at python.org>, Tim Chase
> wrote:
>
> > Amusingly, as others have noted, you replied with an unobfuscated
> > email address.
>
> This
> <http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-list/2010-November/1260153.html>
> would seem to be an independent, true record of what members of python-list
> would see of my posting, would it not? You would agree that it shows my e-
> mail address as obfuscated, would you not? Soifyou claim to be seeing an
> unobfuscated e-mail address for my posting on python-list, you would be
> lying, would you not?

I also see the unobfuscated email address when reading your messages
from python-list.  The only place I see the obfuscated .new_zealand
email address is when I click "View profile" in Google Groups -- but
in that case the address is already truncated, so it hardly matters.