How to test if a module exists?

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Thu Nov 11 16:00:08 EST 2010

> In message <mailman.843.1289438674.2218.python-list at python.org>, Tim Chase
> wrote:
>
>> Amusingly, as others have noted, you replied with an unobfuscated
>> email address.
>
> This
> <http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-list/2010-November/1260153.html>
> would seem to be an independent, true record of what members of python-list
> would see of my posting, would it not? You would agree that it shows my e-
> mail address as obfuscated, would you not? So if you claim to be seeing an
> unobfuscated e-mail address for my posting on python-list, you would be
> lying, would you not?

I still await some insight (which, of course, you are under  no
obligation to provide) about just why you perceive these innocent
mistakes to be great wrongs that need righting.

regards
 Steve
PyCon 2011 Atlanta March 9-17       http://us.pycon.org/
See Python Video!       http://python.mirocommunity.org/