How to test if a module exists?

Tim Chase python.list at tim.thechases.com
Thu Nov 11 15:38:29 EST 2010

>> Is this for real? I did a "replay all" to respond to your post. What
>> are you suggesting? I don't see anything that looks like an obfuscated
>> email.
>
> Tell me what you see here, for example
> <http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-list/2010-November/1260153.html>.

How about we look at an excerpt of the message you just sent:

===============================
From: Lawrence D'Oliveiro <ldo at geek-central.gen.nz>
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.python.general
Subject: Re: How to test if a module exists?
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2010 08:49:18 +1300

[snip]

>>> On Mon, Nov 8, 2010 at 11:35 PM, Lawrence D'Oliveiro ...
>>
>> I see that you published my unobfuscated e-mail address on
>> USENET for all to see. I obfuscated it for a reason, to
>> keep the spammers away. I'm assuming this was a momentary
>> lapse of judgement, for which I expect anapology. Otherwise,
>> it becomes grounds for an abuse complaint to your ISP.

================================

Gee...your unobfuscated email addresses FROM YOU.

How about you apologize for blaming your own sins on others and
then demanding THEIR apologies?  When your own incompetence is at
fault, demanding an apology just makes you look like an even
bigger fool.  And using a pre-authored email just amplifies your
numskullery.

And besides, your addle-pated folly has now exposed your email
address to the big bad intarwebs.  Once exposed, it doesn't
really matter if anybody else exposes it because you yourself are
to blame for letting the horse out of the barn.

-tkc