DTD Parsing

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Wed Nov 10 23:49:56 EST 2010

> In message <mailman.803.1289374804.2218.python-list at python.org>, Ian Kelly
> wrote:

>> > That's five whole lines of code.  Why go to all that trouble when you
>> > can just do this:
>> >
>> > import config
> Not a good idea.
[...]

Sure, you wouldn't want users editing imported Python files, it would be
leaving your program hostage to all the things an ignorant or malevolent
user might do.

But practical for, for example, experimental work. I seem to remember
that the major server project in "Python Web Programming" has all
configurable modules importing a common Config module, though in my own
defense that *was* almost ten years ago now. (That wasn't intended to be
a production server though it ran sporadically on a computer in my
basement for several years and produced a traceback occasionally).

regards
 Steve
PyCon 2011 Atlanta March 9-17       http://us.pycon.org/
See Python Video!       http://python.mirocommunity.org/