How to test if a module exists?

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Wed Nov 10 23:31:25 EST 2010

On 2010-11-10 22:18 , Jon Dufresne wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 1:50 AM, Lawrence D'Oliveiro
> <ldo at geek-central.gen.fine.whatever>  wrote:
>> In message<mailman.780.1289326087.2218.python-list at python.org>, Jon
>> Dufresne wrote:
>>
>>> On Mon, Nov 8, 2010 at 11:35 PM, Lawrence D'Oliveiro ...
>>
>> I see that you published my unobfuscated e-mail address on USENET for all to
>> see. I obfuscated it for a reason, to keep the spammers away. I'm assuming
>> this was a momentary lapse of judgement, for which I expect an apology.
>> Otherwise, it becomes grounds for an abuse complaint to your ISP.
>>

> Is this for real? I did a "replay all" to respond to your post. What
> are you suggesting? I don't see anything that looks like an obfuscated
> email.

To be fair, I think Lawrence is *trying* to obfuscate his email address. You can
see it in the python-list archives.

http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-list/2010-November/1260153.html

However, somewhere between him and you (and me!), it gets unobfuscated. You did
nothing wrong, even if you accept Lawrence's premise that deliberately
unobfuscating someone's email address is apology-worthy. Personally, I don't.

--
Robert Kern

  an underlying truth."
   -- Umberto Eco