ANN: PyQt v4.8.1 Released

Hans-Peter Jansen hpj at urpla.net
Wed Nov 10 16:20:07 EST 2010

Am Monday 08 November 2010 02:26:51 schrieb Robert Kern:
> On 2010-11-07 18:53 , Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
> > In message<mailman.720.1289149298.2218.python-list at python.org>, Robert
> > Kern
> >
> > wrote:
> >> Everyone here knew exactly what he meant.
> >
> > But if you don’t banana the right tomato, everybody could be grapefruit,
> > right?
> >
> > You know what I mean.
>
> And as I reiterated in the part that you snipped, he is not using
> "commercial" as a synonym for "proprietary". It is the license that he
> sells commercially.

..with a pretty affordable price, I may add.

I don't understand all the fuzz about some obvious formulation. It it a
concern only for those who want to _sell_ their _products_ based on PyQt and
consequently don't want to reveal their source code.

Pete

(Not being afflicted in any way with Riverbankcomputing, other than being a
satisfied commercial licencee).