DTD Parsing

r0g aioe.org at technicalbloke.com
Wed Nov 10 03:05:27 EST 2010

On 10/11/10 07:36, Ian Kelly wrote:
> On 11/9/2010 11:14 PM, r0g wrote:
>> Me too when possible, TBH if I only needed strings and there was no
>> pressing security issue I'd just do this...
>>
>> config = {}
>> for line in (open("config.txt", 'r')):
>> if len(line) > 0 and line[0] <> "#":
>> param, value = line.rstrip().split("=",1)
>> config[param] = value
>
> That's five whole lines of code. Why go to all that trouble when you can
> just do this:
>
> import config

Heh, mainly because I figure the config module will have a lot more
options than I have use for right now and therefore the docs will take
me longer to read than I will save by not just typing in the above ;)

Having said that, you've just prompted me to take a look... there goes
another 10 minutes of my life!

Roger