Help Documenting Python Syntax

Grant Edwards invalid at invalid.invalid
Tue Nov 9 11:14:30 EST 2010

On 2010-11-09, Terry Reedy <tjreedy at udel.edu> wrote:
> On 11/9/2010 10:26 AM, RJB wrote:
>> I have been trying to redevelop a syntax page for Python at
>>       http://cse.csusb.edu/dick/samples/python.syntax.html
>
> Page does not load correctly; had to hit refresh to get entire page.
> It should specify that this is the syntax for Python 2.5. To me "the
> Python language" is 3.2.

Nope.  I just checked, and it's 2.6.5:

  $ python
  Python 2.6.5 (release26-maint, Aug  9 2010, 11:06:44)

;)

My question is why bother with 2.5?

I would think the logical choices would be 3.2 or 2.7 (or maybe 2.6).

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! I have a TINY BOWL in
                                  at               my HEAD